I've worked in the customer service/ restaurant/ bar industry for most of my life. I also dine out and go out drinking fairly often. As such, I have have had good and bad experiences from both sides. Some leave me with advice to give, others with stories to tell, some with ranting.
So that's what I'm going to do.
I originally thought about writing a "Dining out for Dummies" kind of book. This format may be better, as I still bartend, I still go out, and I still get more stories on a regular basis. That, and I needed to get off my ass and finally do this.
A little about me:
I currently work two jobs: support for a small software company during the day and bartending at a night club on the weekends. In the past, I have worked at chain restaurants, fine dining restaurants, a private country club, a hip-hop night club, and a suburban neighborhood bar. I also travel about 1-2 times a year to various cities, and generally go out to eat or drink 3-4 times a week.
I will only mention specific locations in this blog if I absolutely love the place, or had a great experience there. Any poor experiences get to remain anonymous.
No comments:
Post a Comment